The planning had been for months. Everyone did such a great job not letting the surprise slip, even though it almost happened quite a few times. Earlier in the year, Jada emailed everyone about throwing Mom & Pops a surprise bday party (which she definately read Patrick's mind on that one). The thought of having all the Jenkins' clan together for one weekend was so exciting!! Patrick & I were on board from the get go!! After a couple months of anxiously waiting, the time came to fly to FL.
His parents thought they were coming over to Jada's for birthday lunch that her kids were preparing. We all hid in the living room & "SURPRISE"!!! The shock on the faces of Mom & Pops is something that I will never forget! All of Patrick's siblings were there except for the 2 youngest from both Mom & Pop's first marriages. It was great to see them all together, lauging, sharing memories, just being with family. It was for sure one of the most memorable weekends that I'll remember for the rest of my life. I hope we get a chance to do it again (maybe this time with everyone).
A special thanks to Jada for making this possible & working so hard. It was GREAT!









0 comments:
Post a Comment