Finally @ 16 weeks, I'm starting to get a wee bump. When I lay down on a flat surface the lil' bump protrudes and makes itself known that there is something special growing inside! :) I've read that within the next couple of weeks the baby will start to double in size, and that women gain 12-14 lbs. in their 2nd trimester. So far, I have only gained 3 lbs. and my regular clothes still fit. I am getting to the point where my jeans are bothersome when I sit, & it's more comfy to unbotton them in class. My aunt sent me a few maternity shirts and they just look weird and big. But I'm sure I will be able to fill them out in the coming months.
(i think patrick angled these pics differently.. i look bigger in the next pic.)
(i just finished dinner :)!!)
We have a doctor appointment on Dec. 19. I wanted to ask him if we could do an ultrasound on the 23rd to find out the sex. Then, I got to thinking about it and wouldn't mind waiting until Jan. 9 when I'm just over 20 weeks because I'm sure we would definately be able to tell. If the baby doesn't show us it's jewels, Patrick would be happy (he's trying to convince me to wait until we give birth to know the gender, but I'm too anxious!).
I've began to check out the little graco pack n'play that I want. I found a few on the website that are perfect for fitting by our bed, have a bassinet on top, a changing table, and little slots under the play to put diapers, clothes, etc. Here is an example:
We don't want to start buying yet because we don't know what kind of things are going to get handed down to us, given @ baby shower's, & I want to know the gender!! But even if it's a boy or girl, we've decided that we don't want a closet full of pink clothes for a girl and blue for a boy. We want a variety of colors, not the typical one color for each gender.
I think we are getting close to settling on names for the baby. That is so exciting to me!!
Anyways, enough babbling for today. I'll post another pic in a few weeks before Christmas. If we happen to find out the sex before Christmas, I may not tell & just let it be a Christmas suprise!! :)
You stinker! I am two weeks behind you, have gained 9 pounds and look 6 months preg already!!! :) I adore you though, your little belly looks absolutely wonderful!
I like the Pack n Play, too. I can't believe Patrick wants to wait...It is the opposite for us, Chad is forcing me to find out because he will. But, the longer we go without knowing the more excited I get about finding out.
Well, congratulations on your bump. Love you!!!
Sarah said...
December 10, 2008 at 11:46 AM
Just wanted to say HI. I found your blog thru Cindy's blog, thru Zoe's blog. I'm pregnant too! I remember the lil' bump days...but now I'm in the plump days=) LOL. I am 33 weeks along and the baby may or may not have Cystic Fibrosis. I talk about it on my blog for my CF son ...acure4lilchris.blogspot.com. I have 3D ultrasound pics on there if you are interested in getting that later on. Congrats and hope all goes smooth for ya:)
M
Lil' Chris' Mom said...
December 10, 2008 at 1:13 PM